Applications Are Reviewed on a Rolling Basis
The Greening Law Group is seeking to add a full-time Criminal Defense Law Clerk to our team in either of our office locations (College Station, TX & Waco, TX). The ideal candidate will either be in their final year of law school or a recent graduate waiting to receive their bar license in the State of Texas. The ideal candidate will transition to an Attorney position following admittance to the State Bar of Texas.
This position assists with conducting extensive research and writing for a wide range of cases consisting of misdemeanors, felonies, and federal criminal defense. The ideal candidate is experienced with reviewing evidence, familiar with Texas criminal law, and should have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assists with drafting motions, briefs, and other legal documents
Performs legal research
Writes memorandum and assists with discovery
Assists with maintaining Files and Database to ensure everything is documented accurately
Assists with other essential functions of the Legal department
- Must have an interest in criminal defense as a career path.
- Experience with criminal defense matters in the state of Texas is a plus.
- Must be looking for a long-term law clerk (transitioning to Attorney) position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently but, more importantly, as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion.
- Current, final year law student or recent graduate of a JD program.
Proficiency in a second language (preferred Spanish)
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through the website! Please call (979) 200-2881 for instructions.