College Station, TX
Applications Are Reviewed on a Rolling Basis
Are you a dedicated self-starter who thrives in intense, high-stress situations? Do you have a knack for critical thinking and developing tailored solutions to varied challenges? Do you value listening, understanding, and building meaningful relationships with others? Do you feel fulfilled when you’re able to help other people solve their problems?
The Greening Law Group is a rapidly growing elite criminal defense law firm. We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, and proactive Paralegal to join our team and provide superior customer service to help achieve our goals. This individual will work directly with our attorneys in handling client cases and court appearances. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet all of our client’s needs. We need someone who knows how to dot every I and cross every T.
As a Paralegal, you will collaborate with our Legal department in all stages of case management. The ideal candidate will be responsible for communicating with courts, keeping clients up to date with regular communication, investigating facts, and preparing documents to assist the attorneys by performing a variety of support duties.
To excel in this role, you will display a passion for providing stellar client experience, a keen interest in becoming educated in the legal industry, a working understanding of how to operate in an office environment, and exceptional organization and communication skills. You should also show compassion and respect toward clients and coworkers alike and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
Does that sound like you? Keep reading!
You will be collaborating as a member of the Litigation department in College Station. This area of responsibility may include:
- The ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Handling client concerns in a calm and helpful manner, scheduling appointments with attorneys, and corresponding with all types of court staff as applicable.
- Preparing affidavits of documents, drafting motions on behalf of attorneys, and ensuring proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
- Creating and updating current information pertaining to a client’s case.
- Helping attorneys manage their docket and schedule appropriately
- The ability to work well with people of diverse cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds
- Handling ALR cases from beginning to end
- A strong understanding of the process of requesting discovery in cases and processing in a timely manner
- Drafting motions on behalf of attorneys
- Managing the court/attorney calendars by processing, setting notices, conducting court calls, communicating with clients and courts, etc.
- Working knowledge of case management software, specifically Clio
- Superior dedication to providing a world-class experience to every client
- Extreme attention to detail and perfectionism
- Eager learner, ready to tackle anything that comes your way
This position will help you gain extensive experience assisting our attorneys with a wide variety of criminal cases, such as: driving while intoxicated, assault, drug possession, family violence, federal, and more. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in the field and will be prepared to enter any fast-paced, high-stakes work environment following your time in the position. This is a long-term career opportunity with endless potential for growth.
Requirements and Skills: Our requirements are pretty straightforward. To qualify, you must:
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong desire to learn along with a professional drive
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have proficient knowledge of MS Office and strong computer literacy
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Be comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to operate in an office environment
- Embody empathy, resourcefulness, and drive.
- Display extreme attention to detail
- Exhibit excellent organizational abilities
- Have a team-centric attitude
- Focus on problem-solving and identify new opportunities for taking initiative
- Exhibit strong research and report-generating skills
- Have excellent organization skills and the ability to follow direction
- Display proven experience in using legal database software
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in the Criminal Defense field
- Native speaker or proficient in Spanish
- Salary pay
- Quarterly bonuses (based on job performance)
- Potential upward employment opportunities
- On-the-job continuing education
- Company health insurance is available
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time off
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through the website! Please call (979) 200-2881 for instructions.