What To Do After a DWI Arrest
Call (979) 596-4088 Now – College Station, TX DWI Lawyer
Being arrested for anything can be terrifying. But knowing your rights and the steps you should take can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. The moment you have been arrested or pulled over for a DWI, remember these simple steps. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Greening Law, PC.
Here’s What You Should Do After a DWI Arrest
- Stay calm. Whatever you do, be polite to the arresting officers and always cooperate. Being rude or hostile can only make the situation worse, and may lead to additional charges such as resisting arrest.
- Exercise your right to remain silent. You have a right to remain silent, so use it. You do not have to answer questions regarding the arrest or the incident without having an attorney present. Anything you say can and will be used against you by the authorities, so it is better to remain silent than risk saying the wrong thing.
- Call our DWI attorneys at Greening Law, PC. The law also allows you the right to an attorney. It is important that you call one immediately the moment you are in police custody. Do not answer any questions regarding the incident without an attorney present.
- Make a note of the details of your arrest. Whenever you get a chance, write down all of the details regarding your arrest, how the police stopped you, your interactions with the officer, how the officer behaved, and more. It is often these little things that make or break a DWI case, and it is important that you provide your attorney with as much details as possible.
- Request an ALR Hearing with the help of our team. You only have 15 days from the date of your arrest to schedule this meeting or you will have your license automatically suspended. This meeting allows you the opportunity to contest your license suspension and save your driving privileges.
Start Off with a FREE DWI Evaluation
Hard-Hitting DWI Defense – Call (979) 596-4088
One of the most important things is to make sure you call the right criminal defense lawyer in College Station, Texas with the right experience to help you effectively fight your charges. At Greening Law, PC, our College Station Texas DWI defense attorney is a former prosecutor with specialized DWI knowledge due to his hands-on training in forensic chromatography. We know what it takes to build a strong case, how to investigate evidence, and how to prepare a solid defense. Serving clients across Houston, Dallas, and Austin.
Give Us a Call at (979) 596-4088.