The Greening Law Group’s Aggie Ring Scholarship
The Greening Law Group has deep roots in the Brazos Valley. From being founded in Bryan, Texas over 15 years ago to now being located in the heart of College Station just down the road from Texas A&M University, we have always had a special connection with the students in our community. Because of that, wedecided to launch our very own Aggie Ring Scholarship, through which we will be sponsoring the full cost of an Aggie Ring to a deserving Texas A&M Student. Our mission, “Winning where it matters: In the courtroom and in life” applies to everyone we come across, whether in a legal environment or throughout reaching academic, career, and personal milestones. We are excited to reward our Aggies for the drive and hard work they have put into earning their Aggie ring. We look forward to celebrating this important day by helping anexceptional student achieve this goal through our sponsorship.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
Any Texas A&M Student that is currently eligible to order their Aggie Ring. You do not have to be interested in the legal field or planning for a career in law. We want to reward any deserving individual!
There are three scholarships available:
- General student body
- Sorority members
- Fraternity members
How Do I Apply?
Choose TWO of the following essay prompts (one general and one legal) and write a MINIMUM of 500 words about each.
- Tell us about a time you recovered from a mistake, challenge or disappointment.
- How have you made a positive contribution to your community? Why is it important to do so?
- Tell us about a time when you had a belief or idea challenged and how your perspective shifted afterwards.
- Tell us why you chose Texas A&M, why you chose your major, and what difference you are going to make in the world post-graduation.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What are the steps you are going to take to get there? How will you be intentional about making your dreams become reality?
- The Greening Law Group’s core values are: Hustle, Grit, Respect, Innovation, Analytical, and Growth. Which of these do you resonate with most, and why?
- Why is it crucial to have an attorney when faced with a legal situation?
- How does a criminal background affect future opportunities?
- What is something you are passionate about in regard to the criminal justice/legal system?
- How did your criminal case affect your life? What lessons did you learn? How have you changed since that experience? How will it affect your future?
- Why do you believe our constitutional rights as spelled out in the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution are important to our freedom? Why is it important for our judicial system to enforce these Amendments in ALL cases?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Applicant must include a current (unofficial) transcript from Texas A&M University.
- Applicant must provide a screenshot proving ring eligibility.
- Recipients will be selected based on a review of application materials.
- Application opens Friday,January 13th, 2023
- You can check your eligibility from Jan. 1 – Feb. 14, 2023
- The last day to order an Aggie Ring is February 14th, 2023
- Aggie Ring delivery will take place on April 13th-14th, 2023
How Do I Help Sponsor an Aggie Ring?
- If you would like to help fund a ring for a student, you can donate through our office!The cost of the standard Aggie ring is about $717 for small (women’s) sizing and $1418 for large (men’s) sizing. To fully fund a ring (including the cost, taxes, and shipping), we suggest donation amounts of $750 or $1450. However, we will gladly accept anyamount of donationand are appreciative of any contribution made!
- Please reach out to our office by calling (979) 779-2000 to donate to the scholarship pool. Your contribution helps us award more deserving students for their hard work!
Applicants must agree and consent to The Greening Law Group sharing their essay submission publicly, with the applicant’s name attached. Chosen recipient will be invited to visit the College Station office in order to receive the scholarship.