1. What is the worst that can happen?
That will depend on the charge, the facts of the case, and the person’s criminal history. I will tell the prospect the punishment range for what they’re charged with, but that’s why we ask about criminal history on our intake form.
2. What is the likelihood the charge will be dismissed?
In a first meeting with a prospect, I will tell them that I do not know all the information because I will not have access to police reports at that time, so I cannot give a likelihood. I also tell them I cannot guarantee a dismissal in any case, but I CAN guarantee that I will do my absolute best to get them the best possible outcome.
3. How long will it take to get the case resolved?
If the client comes to me right after arrest, the case probably isn’t filed yet. We will not have court dates until the case is formally filed. Once the case is filed and we start requesting court dates and discovery, it will still likely take several months to reach an outcome. If the client decides he or she wants a jury trial, it is not uncommon for two years to pass before we have the trial.
4. How long have you been practicing law?
I was licensed in November 2010; I have been working with Greening Law since June 2014.
5. Do you handle a lot of these kind of cases?
Our primary practice areas are drug, alcohol, and family violence offenses. I’ve handled misdemeanor and felony cases for all three areas. I’ve handled many other kinds of cases as well – including theft, federal, and appellate.
6. What should I (the client) do/not do now that I’ve been arrested or charged?
- Clients SHOULD: stay in touch with me by keeping their contact information up-to-date; check in with their bondsman as required; attend all court dates as instructed; avoid police contact for any reason
- Clients should NOT: talk to police officers or potential witnesses without letting me know; miss any court dates or be late to court; if client is in custody, discuss their case with other inmates;
If you or someone you know needs legal representation, contact us today!